Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Telling Details- 2/17/2009

Emily Belding

Mcom 100w M/W 1:30

Telling Details

Word Count: 393


On Tuesday night, I went out to dinner at Cafe Cruz in Soquel. The upscale Cafe Cruz is a restaurant that is full of energy, buzz and at the same time carries a very romantic, casual ambiance with it. The white walls, with the white table clothes and the sound of jazz and Sinatra filling up the dimmed lit rooms always makes it for an enjoyable, relaxing dining experience. The waiters are dressed in white with black pants and walk with a professional swagger in their step; while the hostess girls are dressed in black cocktail dresses always waiting to seat the next table with grins and giggles. When my family and I stepped foot into Cafe Cruz, I immediately was drawn to the elderly couple that was seated next to our table.

As my family and I sat down, I watched with captivating eyes as the elderly man, roughly in his early seventies, held out the brown, antique wooden chair for his wife. As he walked over to his chair, and took his seat, the love this couple had for one another was so evident and axiomatic that anyone in the restaurant could feel the essence of love this couple was illuminating. Throughout dinner, I was drawn to them. I was fascinated at the way the elderly lady looked at her husband with the most endearing, beautiful baby blue eyes I have ever seen. The lady was wearing a silvery top with black pants and the silver made her glow almost like an angle. The aroma of Blue Grass perfume and prime rib filled the area around us. The couple held hands and smiled to one another throughout their dinner- and the sound of the Sinatra music playing in the background fit perfectly for this couple.

All around the restaurant, people were laughing, talking and enjoying their time together. As my family’s dinner came to a close, I got up from my seat and walked by the couple for the last time I would probably see them. I had to smile at the sweet man and the love of his life one last time before they would be just a memory. The experience I had from just observing my surroundings at a family dinner, taught me the importance of that love is truly all around you and can be felt- whether you may realize it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment